Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - New to Forum and New to Riding.
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Muttleyone
Formula Extreme

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm just a little gun shy about getting such hoss of a bike like the Bird. Like I said I thought the America/Speedmaster was the bike I was going to get. When I got to the Triumph dealer he told me to sit on the ThunderBird. My first thought was no way, too big of a bike for my limited skills, but I sat on it and WOW it felt right and I was standing the bike up with no problem. I then went and sat on the America and my first thought was that I felt cramped and squeezed on the bike. The dealership manager said the same before I even mentioned anything about it. Of course he maybe just trying to sell a bike.
I know I haven't ridden a motorcycle in many, many years and never a road bike, but I know my limitations and am well past my 20's and the need to go mach 3 everywhere I go. Call me crazy but I think I may, just maybe might be able to keep from killing myself if I get this bike, lol. I tell you it's such a beautiful bike and I just can't stop thinking about it. Thanks for all your comments and please keep them coming and any other tips you may think of.

Thanks,
Mutt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome