Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Gps What to look for?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Gold
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 250
Lifetime Premium

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK9251 View Post
Does anyone make one that is 100% waterproof and mounts to the bars and wires directly to the bike?
Yes, the Garmin Zumo does all of that. I had one on my BMW R1200GS for 5 years. Took it on many tours, back roads, rain and shine, gravel and dirt, harsh Australian sun etc. Never missed a beat. Mine was a Zumo 550 (latest model at the time I bought it).

My opinion is to try find another solution for your music. The Garmins have always been very poor on the music side. Your phone is a much better way to go for music.

Because it wires to the bike, there is never an issue with battery life, and another good feature is that you also get the gear to mount the GPS in your car, so you can simply unclip it from the bike and mount it in your car when you need it.

There is no problem with the amount of memory in the Zumo 550, you can always add an SD card if you need more, but I have always managed fine with the standard memory and many many routes and trip logs stored.

Gold

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome