Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Any buyer Regret??
View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Thumper
Production 125

Picked up a used 2010 with 1,800 miles yesterday and don't know why I waited so long. I've got a 2001 Sprint ST that I love and can't seem to part with. I've got a 2006 Tiger that I love and can't seem part with and now this Thunderbird. Haven't told the wife yet, but I'm sure she'll love it too (after a brief lecture on "you can't own them all").

This beauty is a base T-bird, blue with the white stripe, big bore kit and most of the chrome add ons. The previous owner removed the cats and had the exhaust "reworked" (not sure exactly what was done) and it sounds fantastic. Not too loud, not too quiet, just right. When I was loading the bike, he tells me that he has a few parts that he had not quite gotten around to installing. He starts bringing out box after box after box. From what I can tell, there are only two or three accessories that he had failed to order from the Triumph catalog. From chrome wheels to saddle bags, long haul seats, windscreen and mounts, painted cowl, etc. etc. etc. The only things I could not find in the box were the chrome switch covers and master cylinder cover. So I ordered them today. I am old school when it comes to chrome. Never really understood the all black murdered look.

All in all, no regrets what-so-ever!

I don't know how or when I'll die, but I know someone will be holding my beer for me when I do.
2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700, 2006 Triumph Tiger 955i, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, 2012 Husqvarna TE630, 1987 & 1997 Honda XR600R

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome