Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Had my stock seat "re-done"...
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM
sgl0226
Grand Prix 500

A few years ago when I lived in Cincinnati I had a Road King Classic and I sent my seat down to MeanCity Cycles outside of Charlotte. They put memory foam in it and the seat looked and felt great. Now I live near Charlotte and just bought a Thunderbird a few weeks ago. I brought the seat up to MeanCity Cycles for their double foam. The price is very reasonable and although I've only gone on one short ride since it was done, I know it will be well worth it. If anyone is interested, get on a Harley forum and I'm sure MeanCity Cycles will be a topic of discussion. Their work is excellent and their customer service is even better. I guess the one disadvantage is that unless you live in the area, you can't be there while they work on it. Since they weren't changing the seating position for me, I just dropped the seat off and picked it up a week later. But if you check the forums you'll see that people from all over the country send them their seats. I think that no matter who you use, as Tallboy 67 said to start this thread, memory foam in the stock seats are a definite improvement.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome