Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird vs Storm
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Wild Bill
Grand Prix 250

I was having the same problem when I wanted to purchase my TBird. But unlike most of you I was wanting something different than all of the chrome. I liked the dual headlights for not only looks but for safety. I've always liked as much power as I could get and wasn't keen on tearing the bike down to upgrade the motor so obviously I chose the Storm. Interestingly enough though I wasn't 100% sure even after I told the dealer I'd take it that I made the right choice with the blacked out look. But after getting it home and on the road I love it. I have had so many positive comments about the bike from not only bikers but from non bikers about the bike and the look. I think because it's just different. First it's not a Harley and then the blacked out scheme and most if all its a Triumph!! I have had absolutely no problems with my bike. It's an awesome ride.

With regards to Coneye's post above: if you want something completely different try a Street Triple! Just bought one for something different. It is a blast. Way too much fun!!

Bill

Goin for the gusto! Life isn't a practice run.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome