Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird or Victory?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
winwahoo
Grand Prix 125

Thunderbird or Victory?

Hello, all! Curious as to your opinions and feedback on my "dilemma": I'm relatively new to the motorcycling world, having only been riding for 3 years. I started out on a small 125 scooter, moved up to a Suzuki Burgman 400, and for the past year have been on a Honda Shadow Aero 750. I've put about 6k on it this year. I'm ready to move up again, and have narrowed my search to essentially 3 bikes: the Harley Softail, the Victory Kingpin, and the Triumph Thunderbird.

Over the past couple of weeks, I test-rode a Softail, as well as a new Kingpin. I liked both, and while I think the Softail has the ultimate "look" for a cruiser (what can I say...I'm a sucker for flared-fenders and whitewalls!) I favored the Kingpin's ride. I'm looking for "used". The Softail is way at the top-end of my $$$, so for value and ride, I'm leaning towards the Victory.

I've also done a test-ride of the Triumph America. I basically liked it (although I wasn't keen on the handle-bar position) but I think after a year or so, I might be in the same position as the one I'm in now, which is a search for more "cc's". My problem is, I can't find a used T-bird to test-ride! I'd love to be able to round out my comparison-study, but the only thing available to me locally is a new Storm, which may be a bit out of the budget, as well. (a dealer in PGH has a used T-bird, but I can't get him to call me back!) So.....I'm curious if there are any Victory riders out there (or ex-Victory riders, as the case might be) who can offer up some comparison-insights of the T-bird vs the Kingin? Thanks!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome