Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Storm Engine Cleaner?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 AM
dazco
Commentator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedRat View Post
SimpleGreen is stocked at Bunnings. Has anyone tried their chrome cleaner and polish?

The SC-1 website mentions paint, fibreglass but not chrome...... feedbak on this one?

SC-1 is stocked in Victoria
Doesn't matter. Trust me, it works great on chrome. It has become my one step every product. I only use a cleaner like simple green for cleaning stuff that is tough like bugs or for greasy areas. SC-1 isn't a cleaner really, but it does clean where just dust and such is present. I would say if your bike gets really dirty then you need to do 2 steps....clean, then protect/shine. But if you keep the bike clean and it just gets some dust and pollution, water spots, etc, then SC-1 is a one step cleaner. Chrome, any paint, anything except obvious things like your seat and tires.

If you read labels you will find none of them are really accurate. I have several products for certain purposes for which i have found other products not specified for that purpose to work better. For example, i had a bottle of mother's chrome polish. The SC-1 and another product i have used called liquid performance both worked a lot better on chrome. I also find SAC-1 works much better on black plastic and other no gloss black areas than mothers "back to black" does, and it's made for that purpose. The list is endless. I actually think that i have found most of the products for a specific use tend not to work all that well compared to other products not specified for the same use. Sounds crazy but it's true.

If you can grab a can of SC-1 try it. I think you'll find at worse it's a good product. If you're like me you'll think it's one of if not THE best detailing product you ever used. First time i did my whole bike with it i can honestly say i was a bit stunned at how it looked. The slickness helps keep dust and gunk from sticking to it too, so it lasts very well.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome