Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Tbird Storm gas mileage
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:03 AM
dazco
Commentator
Banned

Druade is pretty much spot on, tho i wouldn't say that high of a spread. I'd say it generally seems to go from low 30's to low 50's with a few exceptions. But most seem to never go higher than low 50's and never lower than low 30's. Myself, i have the 1700 and usually see around 37-40 in the city depending on how hard i ride. I'm not a crazy rider, but i also often ride in a fairly spirited manner. Almost never very sedate like a lot of HD guys do. Thats city with a lot of stop and go. And stop and go is by far the #1 thing that drops the Tbird's MPG, and big time. On the highway it goes above 40 often up to mid 40's. Riding highways/freeways with not stopping to speak of will get great mileage. I recently went on a camping trip with a friend who rides his HD like a old lady. I had to hang back to keep from losing him, so on the freeway we rarely exceeded 65 and often down to 60 and even 55. That weekend i got 50 MPG, the highest i ever got.

So the bike really swings wildly on MPG depending on what type of riding and how you ride.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome