Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Like a new bike!
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Daycruiser
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreybull View Post
You will of course run into problems if you fail an emission test.
However, only 9 of the 100 NC counties do tailpipe emission testing (WAKE, FORSYTH, GUILFORD, DURHAM, GASTON, CABARRUS, MECKLENBURG, ORANGE and UNION).
In addition, diesel vehicles, RVs AND motorcycles are exempt from testing in any case.
So you can determined for yourself what the odds are of running into any problems.
I'd recommend changing the tailpipes and not messing with the emission system... But hey, I don't understand all that technical stuff anyway...
Yep I agree, I was just thinking about this as it applies to all 100 counties as an inspection item and not an emission tail pipe test. Motorcycles are only exempt from the Tail Pipe Emission Test in NC. That's why I was concerned about removing the CAT to put on new pipes or even just bypass the CAT with the tube mod or chamber mod.
19A NCAC 03D .0541 EXHAUST EMISSION CONTROLS
1. Any vehicle shall not be approved if the vehicle is subject to inspection with any of the visible emissions control devices placed thereon by the manufacturer are missing, disconnected, made inoperative or have been altered without approval of the Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome