Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Anybody have a "bouncy" Speedo?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Tbird K1W1
Grand Prix 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird Daryl39 View Post
Let us know how it turns out! I'm entering a stage where I'll do very little riding the next 3-4 months, but my 2 year warranty goes till September of next here - I'm considering purchasing the 5 year warranty before that expires - but on the other hand that could be cash put towards the BB kit...what to do??!!
the bike shop is working with Triumph at the moment to resolve. Triumph here have confirmed the sticking speedo is a known problem, and apparently the new speedo's have a mod to stop this happening (would be interesting if anyone had their replacement do the same thing, that is those who had them replaced prior to a modde dversion being produced). It also seems mine is possibly the first claim in the country! 2 year old bike with 16000 kms.
Would be interesting to know if the needly shake/shimmy is a common start to the problem. Most of the other posts talk about a temperature thing being the cause, but it was not an issue with mine as temperature would have only been around 20 - 23c (68 - 73f)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome