Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Just read the Motorcycle.Com 4 bike review
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
dazco
Commentator
Banned

Quote:
What was ironic is; he traded it in for a new T-Bird.
Thing is, it may be a powerhouse. But it IS after all a non cruiser engine, and they are very different animals that feel very different and satisfy different desires. Ergos and all that aside, it has a lot less torque than the 1700. I think i read 90 Lbs at 6000 RPMs or something along those lines, where the 1700 has around [email protected] So yeah, it's faster, but i prefer low end torque any day because it's useful and fun all the time even when riding sedately. That is what makes the Tbird a cruiser IMO even moreso than the ergos and look. I don't wind my bikes out every other stop light. If that was so important i'd be riding a speed triple.....it's a triumph and a lot cheaper than the daivel and probably a better bike. I don't get the guy who bought a diavel then traded it for a Tbird.....did he not understand they are apples and oranges? Kinda like going out looking for a 4WD and buying a porsche instead then deciding to get the 4WD after all because the porsche was no good in the woods.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome