Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Just read the Motorcycle.Com 4 bike review
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 AM
paulfun
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Renegade View Post
Looks like the Thunderbird did quite well in the review. Interesting that zooming thru the twisties was a problem for 3 of the 4 bikes. The California Black Eagle paid the price for this performance in poor ergonomics.

This presents and interesting question about cruisers in general. If the demographic for cruising is low and laid back, why are people surprised that they drag pegs and footboards when a cruiser is ridden like a sport bike?

What cha' think?

56R
Interesting question! I was never supprised that a cruiser would not handle as well as a sport bike but was always supprised at just how bad some cruisers are in the handleing department.

Myself like many others have owned and ridden many different bikes over the years giving me/us an expectation for a little more than just the ability to cruise slowly!

Why is it that the people who have settled for all the poor handleing cruisers not demanded more for thier money all along?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome