Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - K&N Air Filter for T-Bird
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
TBird Daryl39
Formula Extreme

I hear what you're saying - I have 420hp engine in my '67 Camaro with a 750cfm carburator and I run the K&N Extreme top. If you are wanting air at a certain velocity though you you have to limit the volume to speed the air up - for instance on the 950cc if you need faster velocity - but have that big ole air filter - then it's like sucking air out of a big room - not fast down a small tunnel - if that is the result you want. On the other hand maybe i'm all wet. I just have to trust Triumph knows what they are doing - I have no complaints about the air flow on my TBird - I think it's just fine and the Dyno run I had showed that it is pretty good except at the 4,000 rpm range it does some funky stuff and goes really lean - but below that and above that the F/A mixture ratings were pretty good. Anyway it just made me wonder - you know, if the Geo Storm and the Corvette are using the same air filter it would make you go...huh????

---Daryl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome