Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird storm problems
View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 AM
oldgreybull
Site Supporter
SuperStock
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme12 View Post
So now I hate it and want to get rid of it.

Very very upset
Has anyone else had some of these issues?
This thread started more than a month ago, and you concluded your first post with the quote above. I think the dye was cast then and the outcome was predictable.
With all the issues you had that's understandable; however the irrefutable fact is that your experience is completely out of sync with the experience of the vast majority of Triumph, and especially Thunderbird owners.
I'm please you're now happy and hope you remain satisfied with your RK. You certainly go through a lot of bikes - sort of a restless shopper! Maybe the thrill for you is getting something new and different and then the excitment fades.
Anyway, now that you're delighted with this particular HD, and certain Triumph sucks, I suppose you'll move on to HD forums where you can find others who agree with you.
Me, I think Triumph makes great bikes, and I think the Thunderbird is exceptional, and that sentiment seems to resinate with the folks here. I don't mind discussing the faults of my bike - but there aren't many - so I don't spend too much time dwelling on them. Or for that matter dwelling on benefits of other brands which I don't prefer.
Good luck to you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome