Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Rack up a point for the Thunderbird
View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 07:31 PM
TBird Daryl39
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrichhart View Post
Riding back home with 5 other couples on Saturday after a long fall ride when 4 of the bikes come to a stoplight at the front, with the other 2 right behind. As the light is changing, one of the wives in the back yells at the 4 of us in the front row "ok boys, let's go when the light turns green". I think I might have been 18 or so the last time I heard that at a stop light, but never the less when the light changed all 4 of us dropped the clutch. I had a Rocket III Touring to my left, a HD Fat Boy next to him and a Street Glide on the outside. Both of the HDs had stage one kits but it wasnt enough. I managed to get the TBird out of the hole a half bike ahead and by the time I hit 4th gear I had em by 2 full bike lengths. My buddy on the Rocket Touring said he let off when the back tire let go a bit but he still had both the HDs by a bike easy.... Needless to say we didn't hear much from any of the HD guys the rest of the way home... Mark one up for the trumpets!
I have an idea. Lets go race some Harleys!!!!!!

---Daryl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome