Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Rack up a point for the Thunderbird
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 PM
paulfun
Formula Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Rat View Post
Guys, why is it that whenever someone says something favorable about a Harley it turns into a Harley bashing session. I have made comments from the experiences I have had riding and owning many bikes over the years. Dazco picked up the gist of my comment and I agree with his reply .We then get someone make a blanket statement about a well respected and trusted brand and indeed a brand which is probably synonymous with motorcycles stating thye are a Pig.

This displays bias and ignorance which should not be present in a motorcycling community. I like all bikes.

I particularly like Triumphs and have since my first Bonny in 1969 but this does not preclude me from liking and seeing the merits of other brands. If I had to nominate one of the most fun bikes I have owned it woould have to ba Hodaka Combat Wombat, all 125 cc's of it but that does not make it a better or worse bike than any other make.The most enjoyable all purpose bike was a BMC R100Cs but I am not a fan of the new model BMs.

Triumphs are good bikes and you get what you pay for. Value is in the eye of the purchaser and to a lot of people $40-$50k is not a huge amount but to others it is a fortune.Triumphas are well priced and good value for money.

Enjoy the ride and appreciate the other brands out there becuase all bikes are good and remember a second class ride is better than a first class walk!
I feel compelled to bash harleys everytime I get a chance!

All the crap I had to deal with from harley riders over the years has made me bitter to the brand and anyone with the harley mentality!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome