Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here trade up from an America?
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
vito
Formula Extreme

I truly appreciate all the great input, and I do plan on test riding the T-Bird or Storm in the spring of 2012 when the new riding season begins. I have a few other questions which I hope some of you can help out with. The dealer told me, when I was just looking at the Storm, that they have sold very few of these, and when I asked why, he said that most folks want a windscreen and the Storm does not have one. Have you found a good after market screen? If not, this could be a deal ender for me as I do not like riding, especially at speed, on a bike without a decent windscreen. My second question is about bags. While I love the look of the leather bags on my America, I really would prefer hard, locking bags. Does anyone make such that fit the T-Bird? And finally, my America did not come with a center stand, which I had added soon after I got it. But it is hard to use and I always feel like I will drop the bike when trying to get it up on the stand. Does the T-Bird, or Storm come with a stock center stand, and if so, how hard is it to use? I look forward to some replies. Thanks to all.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome