Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Honest Question
Thread: Honest Question
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
depone
Formula Extreme
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazco View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off base !!! The difference is about 2-4 MPG, (more like 2 because i ride harder now and if i rode that way as the 1600 i may have got the same or maybe a couple better) and the 1700 is capable of as much MPG as the 1600 if you ride it the same. In fact, never got more than 46 on my 1600, but i recently got 50 MPG with mine and it is now a 1700 !(and has been since December) Now granter, that was riding extremely easy while riding with a buddy on his HD which he rides like a grandma. But as you can see you're way way off with that statement.
Glad to hear that, and maybe it's just the difference in the way the two bikes are ridden but every post I have read from 1700 owners and from talking to my dealer they all talk about numbers less than 30 mpg for the 1700 motor? It's simply what I have heard from every source I have seen or spoken to. I guess you kids with your hot rods just can't keep from twisting the throttle. I know I couldn't.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome