Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Naked as a TBird (painting the 1600)
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
hagatha
Grand Prix 500

Greetings,

Not a good day After all the work I've done (for the 2nd time), it looks like there is gonna be a 3rd.

I think that earlier in the thread I explained what "solvent pop" was. It is where the solvent or Reducer has not had a chance to evaporate completely before the next coat is applied... Well that's what I get for trying to rush things. If you look closely you can see the air bubbles in the clear, in spots it has even separated the clear from the pearl.

in this pic you can also see a run, it is just to the right of the glare spot. If it was just this run I'm sure this could be sanded out. But with the other issues it means, back down to the primer and start over again. I'm determined to get the tank right... all the other pieces turned out close to perfect!

here's a spoiler pic... I've got it back together, except for finishing up the rear wiring harness...

I like the way the color ties in with my new Corbin seat

I'll post again with some pic of the process I go through when painting the tank again...

hagatha

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome