Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Wow.....15 MPG !
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
dazco
Commentator
Banned

Wow.....15 MPG !

Difference that is. On my 1700 w/TORs that was initially a 1600, I get a worse of 35 MPG in stop and go street riding, and riding fairly aggressively as i always tend to do. On rural trips i get 38-40, maybe 42 if i'm real lucky. Went on my first bike camping trip ever saturday (just an overnighter) with a harley rider. He's always telling me how unstable his bike is because it has apes and a skinny front tire. So he rides really slow. So i had no choice but to ride the same. I got.....50 MPG ! Thats a spread of 15 MPG from my worse to best ! I was shocked. I hear people saying they get 50 and i am always puzzled at how that is possible, even for the 1600, where my all time best before the BB kit was 46. I never thought riding real slow would make that much difference because while i have never ridden that slow on a long rural trip, i have ridden somewhat close to that and never got anywhere near 50 MPG. (except like i said the 46 when it was a 1600) Crazy man....that right hand grip sure can influence running costs drastically !

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome