Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Just bought a new Tbird
View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 11:33 AM
TBird Daryl39
Formula Extreme

My dealer wanted $500 for the 600 mi service. After gagging on the phone I hung up and had a local Motorsports bike shop do it. They charge 90/hr labor. They spent 1/2 hour on oil change and 1/2 hour going over the bike. With the cost of the oil and filter I was out of there for about $130. I have my receipt so I don't think warranty can be denied as these are certified motorcycle technicians. I could be wrong - I hope not.

If you have not purchased the extended warranty from your Triumph dealer - you can do so at any time before your 2 year factory warranty runs out. Remember you have options to buy different warranties - depending on the warranty, some third party shops are allowed to work on them. This shop I use told me what warranty's they can bill out to - so next summer I will go back to my dealer and get the warranty added on. It wasn't something I wanted to spend money on last year when I bought the bike.

---Daryl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome