Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Mounted a Stebel Nautilus air horn?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 10:41 AM
kraftdinners
Supersport 600

Send a message via MSN to kraftdinners
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore12 View Post
Hello all,

I bought a Stebel Nautilus airhorn recently on special, after a couple of close calls that left me wishing the horn on the 'Bird was a little less, um . . . civilized. I want to be *heard*!

Has anyone here installed one of these on their bike? It seems clear that the thing won't fit where the stock horn is, and I'm not sure it will fit anywhere (that I can figure, anyway). If anyone out there has advice on where the horn can fit -- relatively unobtrusively? -- I'd be grateful. Having recently installed slightly louder pipes (short TORs) and brighter headlight (a PIAA), I'd love the extra edge of an attention-grabbing horn.

Thanks!
Hi Herbivore
Yes I have fitted the Steibel Nautilus horn on my `bird, fitted it to the front dresser bar, with a custom made stainless steel bracket, with the Relay in the headlamp. works a treat. I purchased the "Chrome" version so it "gets lost" with all the Chrome .its been used a few times in "anger" believe me !! , but like you I could not find anywhere else to fit it, thus the dresser bars, the original Horn is beyond useless...and thats even the replacement that comes with the front bars...
Regards
Alan

Alan

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome