Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - "Out The Door" Pricing Advice Needed, pls.
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Diavola
Production 125

Well, I did it. I bought my Storm. Thank you all for your very good advice. particularly the local advice, here in Southern Cali.

The basic 2011 TBird Storm is listing at $13,899 (before dealer prep, freight, documentation & taxes). Adding all of the basic "stuff", the list "out-the-door" would be $16,694.

I contacted Triumph of LA (a member of the "Out The Door" group). They pride themselves on making their first price be "The Price". Period. So, they offered me $14,999 for the bike, 10% off of all the accessories I could eat and 20% off of the accessory install labor.

I should say that I also talked with a more "traditional" dealership, who's first offer to me was FULL list, then asked "what do you WANT to pay?" Needless to say, we went back & forth, and I feel that in the end, I could have gotten them (kicking & screaming) to the same place that Triumph of LA started at. It wasn't worth the effort, and its not the way I want to establish a dealer/client relationship.

So, I took the deal at Triumph of LA & I am very, very happy.

I hope that all of you have similarly good experiences.

Thank you Chuck, of Triumph LA
Thank you Dazco.

"It's like smearing butter into Keira Knightly!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome