Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - The Magic of Lowering Handlebars
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
alanp
Grand Prix 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
I kind of half forgot about it until I got on the bike this afternoon. I took a 50km ride and boy did it feel different! Like a whole new machine. Countersteering is much easier, and it feels like my shoulders are much more relaxed. I'm really shocked at how different it feels - and I really like it.

Not that it didn't feel good before - it has always felt incredibly comfortable, the best bike I've ever ridden ... just now it even feels better! I never would have thought that such a little thing would make such a big difference.

If you haven't tried fiddling around with your Thunderbird handlebars, I highly recommend it!
Thanks Draeger! I've thought about doing this but didn't get around to it. Your post prompted me and I've also lowered mine an inch or so. Yes, it really does suit me better. A recommended adjustment since we are all different arm lengths and preferences. With this and my rider's back rest this has got to be the most comfortable I've been on a bike in '?' decades.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome