Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird storm problems
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Graeme12
Minitwins

Unhappy Thunderbird storm problems

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has had some of the problems I have experienced.
1. Both fork legs damaged during shipping
2. Coolant leak bottom of motor
3. Coolant leak top of motor
4. High revving sitting near 2000 rpm
5. Engine management lights on temp light on
6. Won't start
7. Welded chrome piece falling off the exhaust
8. Strange gas (not fuel) type smell when you pull up

The bike is brand new I have put 3500km on it and this is what I have had so far happen on this bike.

The guys at the Gold Coast Triumph Queensland dealership have been fantastic and very helpful considering I purchased it whilst living in Sydney, New South Wales.

I had an engine management issue with an 04 rocket 3 as well as the screw falling out of the gear selector into the motor. A nightmare to say the least.

I have had previous dealings with triumph Australia with my Rocket 3 they were helpful, but the dealer ended up being useless one. I ended up with more problems then it went in for and was told by the dealer it wasn't there fault.
7 weeks this went on for until I rode it straight into Harley Davidson Newcastle and lost a lot of money getting rid of it.

I went back to Harley with no problems mechanical, it just got stolen and then I was followed home twice on on the new one. So along comes the BMW R1200GSA which I really enjoyed.

Then I saw the new Storm, I loved the look of it and how it rode, so I got rid of the BMW and bought the storm only to have all this misery.

So now I hate it and want to get rid of it.

Very very upset
Has anyone else had some of these issues?

To add insult to injury try contacting Triumph (England/Australia) by Email. No chance

Regards
Graeme
Gold coast
Australia

Last edited by Graeme12; 09-11-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: add info

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome