Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 1/2 inch lower rear schoks, 200/55/17 rear tire
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Charles Lamb
Grand Prix 125

Question 1/2 inch lower rear schoks, 200/55/17 rear tire

I need some feedback from the veterans of this forum, here is how it goes I am planning to improve my rear suspension by installing 1/2 lower pair of Hagon Nitro shocks customized with 23Kg springs, I already tested them with 26Kg springs and they were too stiff for my taste so I send them back to Hagon to be switch with the 23Kg that I bet will solve the stiffness problem, well I am also planning to install a 200/55/17 rear tire at the same time so the 1/2 inch am losing on the shocks is brought back on the tire 10mm taller profile with the advantage of more rubber which translates on a more cushion on bumps and holes + better handling in curbs while keeping same geometry of the bike, the only problem I see here and that’s were I need the feedback is that the under side of the rear fender will be about an inch closer to the tire which I think will not be a problem as a solo rider that I do 90% of the time but how will it be if I have a passenger on the rear?

Last edited by Charles Lamb; 09-10-2011 at 08:39 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome