Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Did The TEC Camshaft on my 2018 Street Twin
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
dakski
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 250
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
Very cool. I will likely do this with my dealer. They have done some cool builds for customers including a supercharged Thruxton R... 5 hours is not bad at all. I could probably save a few bucks if I just wait till the 10k mile valve check, as they will have to get in there anyway. Might as well have them install the cam and then set the valves and call it a day. Would have them do the X pipe at the same time, I already have the snorkel removed, K&N air filter and opened up the stock cans...

I am gonna go talk to them today and see if it makes sense to wait for the valve check or just pull the trigger and have them do it. That it doesn't need any fueling is awesome...
I don't think you will regret it.

George told me if you do exhaust, to have the dealer install the Vance & Hines ECU tune from Triumph. It runs richer than stock. He also sells a injector plug kit if you do not have access to the V&H tune, but any dealer should.

If you do not touch the exhaust, it's all good to run the stock ECU.

Also, in case you missed it, George sells two CAMs - one for earlier models and one for later models. Make sure you get him your serial number and get the right one.

Good luck and keep us posted!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome