Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Textile jacket and pants to suit tall short fat person?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Gyp
Grand Prix 500

Textile jacket and pants to suit tall short fat person?

I was struggling to come up with a subtle thread title, but gave in.

I'm about 5'10" (all good so far) but only have a 28" inside leg. For my height I have rather short legs and also (obviously) a rather long torso. My arm reach is more aligned to my leg length than my overall height. As well as struggling to find motorcycles that I can touch the ground on, these proportions also mean that I end up in a far more prone position on sports bikes than most. Hence the eventual move to the Street Scrambler.

Anyway, years of good living (or perhaps bad living) have also resulted in a waist measuring 42" which doesn't help.

I'm currently wearing some old and failing 4XL Hein Gericke fabrics which I bought when I was riding a Hayabusa (the riding position really accentuated the waist hence the 4XL) so I could do with replacing these now.

For a jacket, I've discovered that the French company Bering do a range for the more rounded figure that fits nicely (the "Tank" jacket) but their trousers start at 33" in their smallest size and go up in inch increments from there, so I can't match their jackets to their trousers. For safety's sake I want the jacket and trousers to be well matched.

As I'll be in Florida in July, I wondered if I'd have more luck with American gear?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome