Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Did The TEC Camshaft on my 2018 Street Twin
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
dakski
Site Supporter
Grand Prix 250
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Did The TEC Camshaft on my 2018 Street Twin

I had the TEC Camshaft upgrade installed on my 2018 Street Twin and picked her up today.

There's a 300 mile break in period so I cannot comment (yet) on the power gains over 5,000 RPM, where it really makes a difference. I can give my initial thoughts.

The bike sounds a little different and definitely pulls more easily. Surprise, surprise, she appears to breathing great and running smooth as can be. I did the K&N air filter at the same time, but imagine that's a nominal difference at best. Low-mid range, where she would bog a little if I didn't downshift, she pulls smoothly through now.

I will comment more as I put more miles on her and after she's broken in for sure.

The mechanic who did the work took pictures and documented the entire process for me. He will send them shortly and I can post some.

George at TEC was awesome to deal with and the part arrived on time and went in with no issues. He sells two camshafts for the street twin. One for early serial numbers and one for later models (which I have). There was no negative readings on the valves when the cam went in and the adjustments were pretty straight forward, according to the mechanic. I did send George my serial number to confirm which part I needed.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome