Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Cleveland Ohio - Potential RAT Charter

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Raynotarian 
#1 ·
Hey all. My name is Ray from Triumph Cleveland. We have been in the area almost a year now in our Flagship Triumph location on Lorain Road east of Kamms Corners.

Since opening, our number one question to date has been, "Are you guys going to form a RAT Charter in the area or some type of group where we can meet, ride or shoot the Sh*t?" We have a lot of folks looking to meet other Triumph People, several people have even offered to volunteer to run the group if I could provide a venue and some legitimacy to the program. I don't really just want to hang out a sign representing us as an Official RAT Group if we are not.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get something started here in Cleveland? I've reached out to TMA with very limited positive results or direction. The closest I've gotten thus far is a member application downloaded off of TOL. Looks like a pretty generic application with a modest membership fee of thirty dollars sent to a Hinkley, Leicestershire address (Attached). If this is the path, I'm cool with it, but I also don't want to step on anyone's toes that has a group in the area, I would be more then happy to send our people your way if you are out there.

We aren't looking for anything out of this other then an avenue for our folks to meet other enthusiast in the area.

Any information or interest would be welcomed. I'm here at the shop everyday if you'd like to pop in or you can contact me directly at RayN@Triumphcleveland.com

Cheers

Ray

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Triumph USA abandoned the RAT idea about 10 years ago, maybe more recently in the UK. But there are grassroots efforts: a rally in the Ozarks and one in the Taos. The Janesville, WI dealership holds a big get together every fall in New Glarus. The Belle Plaine, MN dealer hosts monthly rides using the more active riders on the area to take turns leading them. They also do a First Saturday where they provide some pizzas for whoever visits (that may be concurrent with the rides?). Stuff like that.

I think you are on your own, and free to do as you wish. There is no official RAT organization to comply with or run afoul of. I think the fact that you are a dealer and unable to get an answer from Triumph confirms that ;)

https://www.triumphrat.net/general-rat-discussion-forum/728418-rat.html

#3 ·
Thank you BonnieBlack for the reply. You confirmed everything I got from TMA over the past few days. It looks like the crew of Triumph Riders here in Cleveland and around are going to get the club they were asking for. To be completely transparent, I was thinking I was going to move forward for these folks regardless, but I was drawn the the branding of days gone by, last October I had a wonderful conversation with Mark Wilsmore (Ace Cafe - London), his stories of those early days had me pretty charged up.

I really do appreciate you replying to me and will post updates and photos as this thing grows.

Cheers

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.