Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Safety Circuit Simplification
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Ripper
Moto Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3CT1C View Post
1) Is the neutral switch (and wiring) man enough for the job
Yes.

Quote:
2) Will I need a diode in there somewhere?
No, it should work as is.

Personally I'm not in agreeance with Rich about this - disabling the clutch switch was one of the first things I did when I bought the bike. I thought it was a nuisance (still do) to have to engage the clutch in order to start the bike. It worked well for years until one day I hit the starter, forgetting the bike was in gear. It almost left me sitting on the road side.

I don't happen to think that making the traffic wait for a few seconds while you select neutral outweighs the risk of personal accident. Besides, a motorcycle is narrow enough to pull into the side to let traffic past while you get it restarted. The solenoid disabling is definitely worth doing, I think the only danger left is riding away with the stand down. Kawasaki had a good solution for that, they fitted a split clutch cable that pulled the stand up when you pulled in the clutch.

Arrow 2-2, Snorkel/Baffle removed, DNA filter, TTP Tune#3, TEC piggy back gas shocks, 5.5" risers with drag bars, LED Lighting, Hazards, Oberon Footpegs, Burton Seat, D9 bracketry, Hands Free Keyless ignition.

Last edited by Ripper; 04-06-2019 at 12:12 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome