Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Test rode a thunderbird, a few questions
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Sub
Supersport 600

Send a message via AIM to Sub
Welp, I took the plunge and landed a nice 2010 Thunderbird 1700. It is the special edition with factory big bore and metallic red haze paint - not sure if that is actually a "SE" designation, as it looks like there was another SE released with bags and whatnot.

I've put about 75 miles on her so far and really enjoyed every mile. I found that I could rest my groin (!) by using the back pegs which gives me a more sport bike like feel that I'm used to. I'm sure it looks really stupid, so I was doing it when no one was looking. I also found that I could hook my heels over the pegs as suggested here, and the buckles on my boots are just in the right spot to sort of anchor my feet so I can really relax them up there. I bought a set of Triumph floorboards, but it looks like you need the mounting kit from the heel-toe conversion to install them, so I'll have to ship them back to MADDS (great service btw).

It was funny after getting it home, I looked down at the odometer.. and this is what I saw! I had to snap a pic.

Thanks for everyone's help!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome