Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Storm windscreen and saddlebags?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Kafka.esq
Grand Prix 125

@miketriumph - great idea. to be honest, I hadn't thought of that.
@hagatha - I am leaning more and more towards the windvest now that I've read your review. As the T-Bird storm is the first bike I've had without a windscreen, I am taking a long time to get used to the feeling that I become a sail at about 60 mph unless I hunker way way down. I'm all for a screen that can help keep me in my seat. I'm 5' 5" and 200 lbs (yes, not the tallest or the thinnest) so I assume the 14" screen would be more suited to me.

Now all that being said, I have to admit I am intrigued by the new Dart Flyscreen: http://www.fasteddysports.com/wp-con...ges/Storm1.jpg

However, it looks like it would be 90% looks, 10% actually "keeping me from having to hold on to the bars."

I'm riding the bike down the coast to a work event in a few weeks and will probably need to make a decision soon. I'd like to have the screen delivered and mounted before the ride. I'd like to get the bags/rack situation squared away by then, too, but I'll probably have to wait to do the bags or rack until October.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome