Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Test rode a thunderbird, a few questions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Sub
Supersport 600

Send a message via AIM to Sub
Test rode a thunderbird, a few questions

I rode a 1600 standard bike and it had shorty pipes which sounded great and now I'm thinking I'd prefer this bike over the rocket. I'm looking at a storm, but on my test ride the inside of my crotch was in pain after about 10 miles of keeping my legs in. If I let them go natural, I feel like I'm splaying them out really too far - perhaps I'm too flexible. Is this something you get used to, or is there a way to help this? Is it possible to move the pegs and controls back towards the rider more? I've never owned a cruiser or bike with forward controls, so I don't know how common this inner thigh pain is.

I also wanted to know if they are discounting the storm at all, or should I just expect to pay msrp? could i likely get free accessories thrown in like shorty tors?

Lastly my dealer said they won't get more bikes in until october, at which point here in ny, there is no point in buying it this year. do dealers deal swap bikes at all? I'd prefer to buy it locally. Anyone know of a matte Black storm for sale in the upstate ny/ ma/ri area?

Cheers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome