Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Storm Lights at night?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 02:19 AM
56Renegade
Grand Prix 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleck View Post
Hey Storm riders, how are the lights for night riding? I live in an area that's infested with deer and other ancillary varmints. It gets a bit trecherous after dark and I figure the better the lights, the better my chances of survival.

Current bike (CBR1000rr) is terrible at night and it's miserably hot in the daytime in S. Texas this time of year so haven't been riding much.
I rode Wednesday to Sattler. The ride up was great but the afternoon trip home was brutal at any stop in Boerne. I mentioned this to my dealer. She said Academy Sports has CamelBak back packs with a hose/straw some riders are strapping on under their jackets. I checked them out on the Internet. At $30-40 for 1.5-2 liter units this looks like a possible relief from the heat. Filled with ice and water they are supposed to be good for a couple of hours. The 70 oz version is supposed to weigh about 5 and 1/2 pounds filled. The bite valve allows you to drink from the back pack without using your hands.

56R

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome