Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Test drove a T-bird SE today, Questions for the T-Bird Experts.
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 02:50 AM
MickeyBoy
Powerbike

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
1. From what I have read, the T-bird has come through it's introduction with very few teething problems. That said, are there any issues I need to be aware of?
2. Maintenance. What sort of maintenance schedule does it have? Are there any weird issues I need to be aware of? Like half the bike needs to come apart for a simple service item or something of that nature. Belt drive, How long is the belt good for?
3. IIRC the T-bird SE had an MSRP of $14,999 brand new. Considering the relative rarity (around here at least), would $13,500 be considered a reasonable asking price for a demo with 2500 miles on it?
4. Do the saddle bags come off without a handful of tools. Me and the salesman were properly defeated by them if they just pop right off.
5. Ideas? Suggestions?
1. Loose coolant hoses
2. 500 mile break in oil change, 12,000 mile valve check, and regular oil changes.
3. Ask. If they say no then walk away. Chances are they will sell it to you.
4. 4 bolts on the inside of the bag.
5. Add highway lights, high flow air filter, and British Customs HogSlayer pipes. Ride and enjoy.

Dude Extraordinaire

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome