Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Test drove a T-bird SE today, Questions for the T-Bird Experts.
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
dazco
Commentator
Banned

1-nothing that hasn't been rectified as far as i can recall.

2-yeah, there are a ton of things like that. It's something you have to live with or else consider a different bike. have found a ton of that kind of maintenance issue. For example, it took me about 2 hours and a lot of screaming and sweating and cussing to change spark plugs. Not kidding ! Others have done it and basically said the same thing. It's a maintenance hog and you either have to spend a lot of time and/or money depending on what or how much you do yourself. I won't kid you....it's a pain, but on the other hand i think most big bikes are the same. It really boils down to this...do you want to pick a bike thats not bad at all as maintenance goes regardless of how much or LITTLE you like it, or do you want a bike that makes it hard to get to sleep at nite thinking or tomorrow's ride. Whats that worth to you?

3-don't know

4-buy one and deal with the rest. It's worth it. It's the best bike i ever ode, period. And two years almost to the day that i bought it i'm still deeply in love. If i found a woman like that i'd marry her asap

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome