Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Test drove a T-bird SE today, Questions for the T-Bird Experts.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Overkill0084
Formula Extreme

Test drove a T-bird SE today, Questions for the T-Bird Experts.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a T-bird SE lately. I started a thread in Twins talk and it appears that things have moved around a bit so I wanted to get this going in the right section.
https://www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk...est-drive.html
Today I went and test drove a demo T-bird that is at my nearest dealer. I had previously tested a Storm and was impressed. Today I wanted to see if there was any issues with my large feet and the heel/toe Shifter setup. It worked our ok with that. I am seriously considering getting it but I was curious about a few things.
1. From what I have read, the T-bird has come through it's introduction with very few teething problems. That said, are there any issues I need to be aware of?
2. Maintenance. What sort of maintenance schedule does it have? Are there any weird issues I need to be aware of? Like half the bike needs to come apart for a simple service item or something of that nature. Belt drive, How long is the belt good for?
3. IIRC the T-bird SE had an MSRP of $14,999 brand new. Considering the relative rarity (around here at least), would $13,500 be considered a reasonable asking price for a demo with 2500 miles on it?
4. Do the saddle bags come off without a handful of tools. Me and the salesman were properly defeated by them if they just pop right off.
5. Ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers,
Greg

2017 Trophy SE

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-08-2011 at 10:50 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome