Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Was that you near Castaic today, sunday?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Ray548
Powerbike

Wasn't me either, we rode out to Fillmore. I have an Army buddy that is in New Orleans right now. Let him ride the TB and I rode the Vstar, here are his comments on FB. Good thing it wasn't a 1700.

"I have found my dream cruiser. It's a Truimph Thunderbird 1600cc. Thanks to my friend, Ray who played the Cupid.

He invited me this morning for a bike ride. He let me used his Yamaha V-star 1100cc. It was a great bike but the the magic happened when we swapped bikes. He got on the V-star and I hopped on his Trumph Thunderbird.

The Truimph is very, very sweet bike. It didn't whine or nagged when i requested more speed due to the big 1600cc engine (that engine displacement is as big as my Toyota Altis). I hardly felt any vibrations, truly a smooth and comfortable bike. It 's a big bike but handles very nicely like a bike half it's weight. We rode for about 2 hours around winding roads.

I have ridden american and japanese cruiser before but this british bike stole my heart.

I gotta have this bike someday,somewhere, somehow....

Thanks again to Ray for the ride."

Raymond
San Fernando Valley, Calif

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome