Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Faulty Speedo's & ABs
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
will_s
Supersport 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Steve View Post
Not sure I believe that explanation from your dealer. Mine has lights for ABS but they're not connected as I don't have it. But I could get it fitted, it doesn't make sense to change the speedo every time they fit ABS. Surely they would fit ABS to my bike and connect the wires to get the sensors working and the speedo warning lights. Why would you have a different speedo?
I wondered exactly the same thing but when they put the old speedo back on the ABS light worked. Triumph wont take the replacement back as it has k's on it .

I cant see why he would lie to me as a new one is getting put on next week but I find it very strange....apparently my "replacement" is going on another non ABS bike and the new ABS speedo is going on mine. Maybe its something in the speedos "chip" that talks to the ABS ....

Look the dealer here is pretty good, this is 5th new bike I have purchased from them and if they screwed me around there would be no 6th bike

will_s
its true, the older you get the crankier you get

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome