Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Longhaul seats confusion
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
TBird
Grand Prix 250

[QUOTE=JDee;1937171]Congratulations Tbird.

The longhaul dual seat is the go if you are doing big k's and value your relationship with your pillion....
When I test rode the demo bike with SWMBO, it had the standard rider seat and pillion 'brick'.... we only went about 200 metres and she said that the pillion seat was the most uncomfortable seat she had sat on... The longhaul seat was the first "Accessory" ordered.....

BUT... Here's a tip.... Buy your "extras" from the states...... On the seat alone, you'll save over $200 from MADSS.com...... Chris there is very helpful and postage is reasonable.... The more bits u order and he can fit in one box the better.... I haven't dealt with Fast Eddy, 'yet', but reading the forum, I believe he is also a good operator and forum member.... I just wish I had of realised this before I ordered all my bits thru the dealer, until recently..

Hi JD

Mate, thanks for your advice. I'm currently holidaying in Canada & USA for the next three months sampling some of the best craft beers in the world and when I get home I will be picking up a brand new Storm (how good is that?)

Anyway I hope to pick up a more comfortable seat while I'm in the US, hence my trying to get the right one by sorting out the confusion over the part numbers.

I recently sold my Thunderbird 900 with a King & Queen seat and noticed a real difference in comfort of the Storm's seat.

Cheers

Graham

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome