Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Suspension is the only thing I don't like on bike, and plan on changin it soon
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 06:16 AM
redhouse64
Grand Prix 125

Just installed Wilbers rear shocks...

Got me the Wilbers T640, took around 3 weeks for a custom built pair of shocks, but was well worth the wait.

Installation is a piece of cake, perfect fit, was to be expected for the price asked ....

Now for the most important thing: ride quality. Just did 150 kilometers with them, but what a difference, especially when going fast! The ugly kicks in the back when crossing railroads or joints on highway bridges are completely gone! Feeling is still firm and connected to the road. No wobbling or pumping from the rear end. I will have to experiment with dampening to improve low speed comfort on bumpy roads, which is a lot better now, but still not perfect.

Already thinking about changing to Wilbers progressive springs for the front as well, have them on my other bike and they performed miracles there...

Conclusion: I can't compare them to the cheaper Hagons, maybe they would have done the same, but I'm very happy with the Wilbers 640 and would buy them again.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome