Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Storm w/ Corbin Seat & Backrest
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 12:07 AM
jsprunner
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
wild Bill and jsprunner, is the seating position any higher than stock? I see jsprunner says he feels closer to the tank. That might be ok if it is also raised up an inch or two. Otherwise I'm afraid I will lose leg room.
I do think it's marginally higher, and at this point, it feels like I'm sitting with a slightly more erect posture than before - a somewhat unexpected outcome, but I'm OK with it. Corbin expects the seat to break in and conform to you in about 2000 miles, so this could be temporary and the seating position may settle down to something closer to the stock seat. If it stays the way it is, then I really wouldn't expect to have any complaints about it. It feels great so far (pending a longer ride.) Just as a point of reference, I am about 5'9" and do use (and love) the footboards; if I were still using the pegs and my legs were stretched out a bit more consistently, I suspect the stock seat might have been sufficient. Stretching out was the only way to relieve the tailbone pressure in my case.

The other thing to keep in mind is that when you order, Corbin asks for your height (I think), your inseam length (I'm sure about that), and there's a field that allows you to add any other comments or special requests regarding your seat preferences. Thus, this would presumably be your opportunity to ensure that you maintain the legroom that suits you when they build your seat. It would be a great question to ask them directly.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Last edited by jsprunner; 06-04-2011 at 12:14 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome