Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Roadster Windshield
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
curtis41
SuperStock

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullClark View Post
There is no such thing as the perfect windscreen. I have three different styles of helmets and they all feel and behave differently with my Roadster screen. Side winds, different vehicles that you may be following, head and tail winds all have play a role in buffeting we feel .

I am 6'3' and like some wind on me better than a fairing setup with no wind. My tall Roadster screen fits me just right at 50mph or 115mph.
I have the wide windscreen stock on the Thunderbird SE and am 6'5" tall. It works fine for me. I DID have to try three different helmets and am fairly comfortable, even on longer rides, with the stock screen. I agree that with no fairing specifically to control and direct wind, you may have to play with the height and width of a windscreen, but don't forget checking out a helmet or two in the process. The windscreen that comes with the Thunderbird SE A1 works fine for me at any reasonable speed. I agree to that some wind is kind of nice, but not your head bouncing around like Builder the Bobber. Pun intended.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome