Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 3TA-BIRD has arrived, straight from Belgium
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
3TA-BIRD

3TA-BIRD has arrived, straight from Belgium

Hi guys & gals,

Since I am passionate about Triumph and an active member of the Belgian Triumph forum (TVF, Triumph Vlaanderen Forum) I was looking to expand my horizon. So here I am looking to get in contact with other Triumph enthousiasts from around the world.

I am 38 years old. My girlfriend bought a Triumph Black Bonneville in 2008 and since then I was hooked to Triumph. In 2009 I bought one of the very first Thunderbird 1600's (got a VIP-treatment from Triumph to pick it up in Hinckley, beautiful experience). And last year I sold my FN M13 oldtimer from 1951 to replace it with a Triumph 3TA from 1966, the Dutch Army Model.

And today I am on the lookout for a thunderbird (preferrably a Sport) to revamp into a caferacer.

I love heavy metal music and I adore my two border collies (Bowie & Iggy). One is 5 years old, the other 1,5.

Any other questions? Just ask

The Thunderbird's name comes from the common belief that the beating of its enormous wings causes thunder and stirs the wind. The Lakota name for the Thunderbird is Wakį́yą, a word formed from kįyą́, meaning "winged", and wakhą́, "sacred".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome