Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - outta washington
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
geezfools
Grand Prix 500

outta washington

New guy outta Washington who doesn't/hasn't owned a Triumph in his entire life. But I'm hoping to change that. Grew up on an older Honda CB90, then owned a CB400F for a year or so. A few years ago I walked through an alley in downtown Seattle and almost ran into a thruxton parked directly around the corner. It obviously caught my attention and took note. Went home and did a ton of searching via google and kind of fell in love with the classics Triumph was doing.
Fast forward a couple years, better job, no more honda and a real need to get out on the road again. Initially I went straight to the thruxton, but after a bunch of reading, I'm sold on the Scrambler. I've only ever seen one in person and that was out near the coast, driving by at about 50mph.
So yeah, I'm joining the site in hopes I can get a little more research in before I go down to the dealership and sign my life away for a few years. I'm really excited about building up a nice bike that I can put some miles on, but that I can also hit some fire roads and even some short road trips.
Nice to meet y'all...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome