Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Greetings from Vermont
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
rostefo

Thanks for the quick welcome, Catenaccio. I have followed this site for a few months as an outsider and learned a lot. It's nice to connect with a community of Triumph people. I got bitten in the late 1950's due to some motorcycle owning juvenile delinquents in the neighborhood, and have never gotten over it. I had a Tiger Cub in college in the mid-60's, a 3T when I lived in England in '68, but the one that got away was a 1966 Tiger T100 that after putting down a deposit I could not afford because of tuition, living expenses, etc. When the chance came up to get a Daytona a couple of years ago, I decided it was now or never. It turned out to be a beauty. I have rebuilt the carbs and electrical system, removed the head to replace faulty O-rings at the top of the pushrod tubes that were spewing oil all over the fins, and it is now running like, well, like a Tiger. 10,500 original miles. My life is complete. I know I still have a lot to learn.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome