Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Greetings from North Jersey -Racer turned Sport Tourer
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Onedwn5up
Grand Prix 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
Welcome Eric! You are one busy man! The Sprint looks gorgeous! Much better than your dad's K1300GT! (You can tell him I said that so you don't get in trouble... )
Thanks man! I've never officially been diagnosed with ADD but I think it's quite possible. I never sit still!

The sprint is way nicer looking than the beemer! My dad even complimented me on my find and it's acquisition. Of course he was just thrilled I got something so we can go on trips together.

I'm probably not going to do a ton to the bike. Don't really need to in my opinion. I'd like to change the exhaust but don't want a loud exhaust as that gets old on long rides and with passengers. Plus I've already killed my hearing from racing. I may do a set of traxion dynamics fork cartridges, a penske or ohlins shock and a brembo radial master cylinder and that'll be it. It's tempting to do a power commander and a pipe, but for what? Minimal gains for what is already a decently powered bike. My race R6 made the same HP at the rear wheel so as far as I'm concerned, the current output is plenty. Handling is where it's at.

Never look down on someone unless you're picking them up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome