Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Greetings from North Jersey -Racer turned Sport Tourer
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Onedwn5up
Grand Prix 250

Greetings from North Jersey -Racer turned Sport Tourer

Hey All! Greetings from Northern NJ. I recently picked up an '07 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 ABS with the intention to put down some serious pavement mileage this year so I figured it was time to find a Triumph forum and join it. My dad just picked up a K1300GT so of course I had to get something to do long mileage treks with. My supermoto or rc51 don't do well over the 150 mile range. I had an '01 ZRX 1200 that was great fun but decided to step it up this time around. I haven't even had the chance to use the bike yet with the snow on the ground but I've already added a set of genmar risers (I'm 6'2") and a zero gravity double bubble windscreen. (the racer in me knows the benefit!). Here's some pictures of the bike!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2662079...63040907/show/

I have been street riding for 16 years (since I was 17) and raced in CCS, LRRS and ASRA for a number of years. In 2006 I won 7 class championships aboard an ex-factory Yamaha R6 racebike and also finished on the podium at Daytona in the CCS Team Challenge race (one of my greatest accomplishments). I instructed with www.teampromotion.com for a number of years. I also owned my own performance and service shop for several years. I mostly took care of racers and track guys and still do for a few key customers. I do more tire and wheel service than anything and would be glad to take care of anyone in the North Jersey area. I'm not a major business or retailer, just someone who still owns some expensive tire equipment and does some sidework here and there still cause I can.

Besides that, I'm a volunteer and paid EMT. I do underwater Dive Repair work during spring-fall. I teach CPR & BLS for Healthcare professionals and also teach Diving 1st-Aid and Medicine for Scuba Divers.

I enjoy supermoto, track days, the outdoors and am pretty much an all-around adrenaline junky with a big, charitable heart. I recently came back from Haiti where I was part of a medical team that treated 2400 people in one week. Check out my website at www.helpmehelphaiti.com for pics and info on the trip.

Feel free to drop a line or say hello!

Cheers,
Eric

From the CCS Race of Champions at Daytona

Never look down on someone unless you're picking them up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome