Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Goodday
Thread: Goodday
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
petegailey
Grand Prix 125

Goodday

Goodday, My names Pete.

I live in Sydney Australia and bought an 04 Bonneville two weeks ago. Started off on Scooters with a 125 Daelim, quickly upgraded to a Vespa GTS 250, then a Suzuki DR650 followed by a Yamaha Tmax 500 maxi scooter. Traded in the Suzuki on an 04 Bonnie with 25,000ks two weeks ago. Ive still got the Vespa and the Tmax.

I do a lot of touring and Sunday rides with a bunch of guys and girls called Sydney We Ride Coz We CanWe all started off on scooters and nearly all of us have crossed over to the darkside and have bikes now. Its not unusual for us to ride 400/500ks on a Sunday as well as some epic 3 or 4 day road trips.

While Im still exploring to the Bonneville I find it a very easy and pleasurable bike to ride. It loves the hills and handles the twisties surprisingly well. It also copes with city traffic without fuss. It might not be the fastest bike out of the blocks but it goes fast enough for me and I can keep up with the Ducati's, Yammi's and the Mana that the others ride.

Ive always wanted a Bonneville since I was a kid and my uncle rode one and even though Im in my 60's now Im grinning like a kid every time I start it up. Looking forward to my life with a Triumph and sharing it on this very informative forum.

Last edited by petegailey; 12-26-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Inserting image

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome